Physical Activities for Toddlers 24-30 months

Wednesday, April 20, 2011


Nesting Boxes
Age: 24-30 months
Development: Physical
Materials: A variety of different size cardboard boxes
Objective: Fits boxes inside each other in the right order when shown how


Provide your child with different size boxes. Show them how to nest them inside one another.
Which box fits inside the little box, Gregory?
What about this box?
I think this one is next, and this one is last.


You've got Mail
Age: 24-30 months
Development: Physical
Materials: shoe box, construction paper, scissors, clear contact paper or lamination.
Objective: Puts small things into a small opening


Cut construction paper rectangles and cover them with clear contact paper or have them laminated. Cut a small slit in the top of the show box lid and place the lid on the shoebox. Show your child how to put the tickets into the opening.


Build a choo-choo train
Age: 24-30 months
Development: Physical
Materials: Blocks
Objective: child lines up four or more blocks to build a train


Encourage your toddler to help you build a train by lining up several blocks beside one another.
Terrence, I know you love trains.
Let's make one with these blocks.
You've got two blocks together, do you need more blocks to make a longer train?
Perfect! You've got a long train of four blocks.


Jump!
Age: 24-30 months
Development: Physical
Objective: Tries to jump in place


Play lively music and invite your child to jump. Younger toddlers may need their hands held as they jump. Have fun and jump along with your child.
Come on let's jump to the music Mario.
Whew! Jump is so much fun!


Paper Rain
Age: 24-30 months
Development: Physical
Materials: Colorful magazine, container
Objective: Tears paper with enthusiasm


Provide your child with magazine pages to rip into pieces. Place the ripped pieces into a container. Sprinkle the pieces out of the container as you sing:
Rain, rain, go away.
Come again another day.


Little Blue Bird
Age: 24-30 months
Development: Physical
Objective: Flaps arms and flies to objects and specific places in the room with the help of adult


Interact with your toddler and help them learn new words and objects. Show your child how to move his/her arms like a bird. As you recite this song:
Here comes a bluebird through the window. (Flap Arms)
Here comes a bluebird in the air.
Here comes a bluebird through the window.
Fly and touch a chair.
Have your toddler follow you as you lead them where to go.


Open the Gates
Age: 20-36 months
Development: Physical
Materials: Cars and other toy vehicles
Objective: Strives to raise middle body, but enjoys the game.


Gather several toy cars and trucks. Show your child how to lie on his/her tummy and lift the mid section of their body, while his/her hands and feet are still on the floor. Once your child has accomplished this posture have fun with this game. Each time that you say "Open the gates," your child lifts his/her torso. While his midsection is raised roll a car or vehicle under his/her body.
Open the gates as high as they sky.
And let the cars go passing by.References
Welcome To Learning (1997)
Kindercare Learning Centers, Inc.
Montgomery, AL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Superb, what а web sіte it is! This weblog givеs helpful іnformatiοn
to us, keеp іt up.

my web-ѕite - paleo diet
Also see my webpage :: paleo cookbooks

Anonymous said...

This іs a toρic that is cloѕe to my hеart… Take care!
Where are your cοntact detаils thοugh?


Herе іs my webρage gardening tips

Anonymous said...

I blog often anԁ Ι ѕeriouslу apprеciate your infoгmation.
This great aгtіclе hаs tгuly peаked my іnterest.
I will tаke a note of уour sіte and keep checking for new іnformаtion аbout once a week.
I ορteԁ in fοг your RSS feed tοo.



Stop bу my blοg ... core training with pialtes

Anonymous said...

Fantastic

Anonymous said...

I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

Post a Comment